When you are not able to send or receive emails in your Outlook account, then that obviously means something is wrong with your account, but what exactly? Well, there could be a number of things that could go wrong, so let’s delve into the details as to why you are experiencing Outlook send and receive error.
Outlook send/receive error 0x800ccc0e:
Reasons behind the error: The main cause of the 0x800ccc0e error to occur is a conflict between SMTP servers when using an email program, or when users try to send an email while configuring an account.
Outlook send/receive error 0x800ccc0f:
Reasons behind the error: This error usually occurs when the connection to the server has been interrupted or when the firewall has blocked MS Outlook for incoming and outgoing messages. Sometimes even incorrect Outlook profile settings or a corrupt Outlook profile can also cause error 0x800ccc0f.
Send or receive error 0x80040600:
Reasons behind the error: The main cause of the appearing error is corruption or damage in Outlook archive files, commonly called Outlook.pst. Disk failure, network link problems, power failure or other unknown reasons would lead to corruption of the Outlook file.
Send receive error 0x8004060c:
Reasons behind the error: OST and PST are the essential files of Microsoft Outlook. Any corruption in one or other of these formats would result in an error in sending and receiving by 0x8004060c.
Outlook send/receive error 0x8004010f:
Reasons behind the error: The error indicates that the sending and receiving error is displayed cannot access the Outlook data file. This is a common MAPI error; this occurs during synchronization during send-receive operations. The main reasons for this error are OST file corruption. Incorrect configuration or corruption of the Outlook profile.
Sending error reported 0x800ccc0d or server not found:
Reasons behind the error: Typically, a send-receive error 0x800ccc0d occurs when the mail server account setting is assigned incorrectly.
Outlook error code 0x800ccc19:
Reasons behind the error: When the above sending error occurs, it also indicates “A timeout occurred while communicating with the server”. The most common causes of this error are a misconfigured pop3uidl system file and a corrupted operating system registry.
Outlook error code 0x800ccc80
Reasons behind the error: This error message appears in Microsoft Outlook and is accompanied by the error message “None of the authentication methods supported by this client are supported by your server”. The message means that one or more parameters of your outgoing mail server are incorrect.
MS Outlook send/receive error 0x80040610
Reasons behind the error: The error occurs when Outlook fails to connect to your incoming POP3 mail server. In other words, the target computer actively refused it to establish the connection. Sometimes inappropriate behavior of the antivirus and firewall also causes the send and receive error.
Solutions to Outlook Send & Receive Error
The most common solutions for correcting the sending and receiving errors mentioned in Microsoft Outlook mentioned above are described in the sections below.
To correct these sending and receiving errors, use one or more of the following methods. After completing each method, send yourself a test email to make sure you can send and receive messages without generating an error message. If you continue to receive errors, try each of these methods in sequence.
- Test internet connectivity
- Delete suspicious emails
- Check Outlook email account settings
- Start Outlook in Safe Mode
- Increase server timeout
- Run the MAPI repair tool
- Use the Microsoft Inbox Repair Tool
- Efficient Outlook PST repair tool
Test internet connectivity:
This is a basic step to resolve the Outlook sending error and to avoid any problem with MS Outlook, make sure your internet connection is correct. Also, check the modems and network cables.
Delete suspicious emails:
Although this action is actively performed automatically by Outlook, it is possible that a virus is present in one of the messages in the mailbox. This can be avoided by identifying and removing dangerous emails from the ISP’s webmail program.
Check the Outlook email account settings:
Sometimes an incorrect configuration of an email account can lead to reception errors. It is therefore essential to correctly reconfigure your Outlook email account. You can follow the given steps to help you check the setting-
- Check the email address that you have used to set up the account.
- Check the email account type from HTTP, POP3 or IMAP.
- Verify your email ID along with its password.
- You need to check the name and address of your email account server from POP3, HTTP or IMPA.
- Ensure email port numbers
Start Outlook in safe mode:
Safe mode is used to correct many Outlook errors detected during startup.
To run Outlook in safe mode, follow the process below:
- Type “Outlook.exe / safe” in the search field >> Enter
- You will be asked to confirm if you want to start Outlook in safe mode? Click on Yes
Note: If account permissions are requested, enter your password, then choose Accept.
Increase the wait time of the server:
You can increase the server timeout settings to prevent Outlook receive error from being oringinated. To perform this, follow the steps below:
- Start Outlook. Go to the File menu and click Info.
- Click Account Settings and select Account Settings.
- Select the target account. Click on Change.
- Go to more settings.
- Select the Advanced tab and increase the server timeout setting.
Run the MAPI repair tool:
MAPI is a messaging application programming interface. If the mapi32.dll file is corrupt, it directly causes Outlook to receive the error.
Here are the steps to run the MAPI tool.
- Go to C: \ drive, select Windows << System32
- Select a Fixmapi.exe file (MAPI repair tool) and run the file to stop the Outlook email sending error.
Use ScanPST.exe to fix the send and receive error:
Scanpst.exe analyzes and identifies problems in PST files. This method almost corrects Outlook send and receive errors when files are corrupted or damaged.
- Find and run the inbox repair tool. Microsoft Inbox repair tool is a hidden file, to locate scanpst.exe, go to Control Panel >> File Explorer Options >> Show
- Now select Show hidden files, folders and drives.
- Browse or specify a folder path where the PST file is saved.
- Folder path – C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Microsoft Office \ root \ Office16
- Quick note: The path shown above is applied only to Office 2016 and Office 365. If you are using Outlook 2013, use the path: C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Microsoft Office \ Office15. If you are using an older version of the application, replace “Office15” with “Office14”.
- Then click Start to start the scanning process to repair the Outlook PST file.
- Finally, click on Repair button to repair Outlook error send receive
Most Outlook send/receive errors can be resolved using the methods described above. What happens if the OST or PST file is severely corrupted or damaged?
If you are unable to identify the factor responsible for the error and are wondering what the problem would be, here is an answer to all your distressing thoughts.
Scanpst.exe only examines files in personal folders to determine whether the data has been corrupted or not. Therefore, it can work fine as long as there are minor errors in the Outlook file. However, these changes are made directly to the original copy of the Outlook file.
Therefore, it is highly recommended that you use a professional Outlook PST repair tool capable of examining all Outlook files in order to effectively correct errors.