Are you not able to receive emails in your Outlook account, then you can easily resolve the issue, but you need to follow certain steps. If you want to know what those steps are, then you’ve got to read the steps provided in the section below:
Troubleshooting Outlook cannot receive emails in Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019:
Before you begin with the troubleshooting process, you need to make sure that you’re connected to the internet. Upon the confirmation of the connection, you need to make sure that you are working online in Outlook.
- On your Outlook window, you need to look at the lower-right corner. If you see phrases like ‘Working Offline’, ‘Disconnected’ or ‘Trying to connect’, then it means, you aren’t connected to the email server.
- From the ribbon, click ‘Send/Receive’ tab.
- In the ‘Preferences’ group, click ‘Work Offline’ option. As you do so, you will see ‘Connected to server’ message in the lower-right corner of the Outlook window.
- Click ‘Send/Receive All Folders’ button in the group named ‘Send & Receive’.
- Now check, if the messages are in the ‘Sent’ folder or in the outbox.
Check other locations for your emails
There could be a possibility that the emails are present in the ‘Junk’ folder. Moreover, you need to check if you have downloaded the emails on your smartphone or computer.
Create a new profile
In case, your Outlook profile is corrupt, then you will experience problems in receiving emails. To fix the problem, you can create a new profile and set it up with your email account.
Here is how you can do it:
- Click ‘File’ > ‘Account Settings’ > Manage Profiles > Show Profiles > Add.
- Now, enter a name in the ‘Profile Name’ box for the new profile followed by clicking ‘OK’.
- Follow the on-screen prompts for setting up your email account in the new profile.
- Now, restart MS Outlook, then click ‘File’ followed by ‘Profile Settings’.
- Then, you will see a drop-down list from which, you need to choose ‘Change Profile’ option.
- Click ‘OK’ to close the notification.
- Restart MS Outlook.
- Choose a name of the profile that you have just created and click OK.
How to fix the problem of ‘Outlook cannot receive emails’ in Outlook for Mac 2011 and 2016?
For that, you need to confirm whether the internet connection is working properly and whether you are able to work online in Outlook.
- Go to the ‘Menu’ of Outlook.
- If ‘Work Offline’ option is chosen, then uncheck the box corresponding to it to work online.
Turn on SMTP authentication
You are not going to receive emails until you authenticate your emails and ensure the correct settings.
- Launch MS Outlook and go to ‘Tools’ and then, ‘Accounts’.
- On the ‘Accounts’ box, find and select ‘Email Account’.
- Under ‘Outgoing Server’, click ‘More’.
- A pop-up menu will appear from which, you need to choose the authentication type.
- Enter your credentials using on-screen prompts.
How to fix Outlook cannot receive emails in Outlook Online?
Just make sure that you are connected to the internet because you won’t receive emails until you are connected to the internet.
Empty your inbox
In case, your inbox is full, then make sure to empty it because the problem of sending or receiving emails occurs due to full inbox. Delete all the emails that you no longer require. Also, right-click on ‘Junk Mail’ folder and click ‘Empty’.
Take a look at ‘Other’ tab
There are two tabs in which, Outlook divides your email messages, focussed and other. There could be a chance that some of the emails that you were expecting have been landed in the ‘Other’ tab, so click on the tab to check the messages.
Check Email Rules
In case, you have made any rules, then maybe your emails are routed away from your inbox or getting deleted.
Here is how you can check the rules in Outlook
- Click ‘Settings’ and then, select ‘View Full Settings’.
- From the left pane, click ‘Mail’ followed by choosing the ‘Rules’ in the right pane.
- Search for the rules that are barring emails from entering your Outlook mailbox.
- Select the rule that you wish to change and click ‘Edit’.
- Change the rule’s actions followed by clicking ‘Save’.
- To delete a rule, select it and click ‘Delete’.
If you are using the classic version of Outlook, then follow these steps:
- Click ‘Settings’ and then, ‘Options’.
- Click ‘Inbox’ and sweep rules on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Identify the rules that are preventing you from sending or receiving emails.
- Select the rule you wish to change and click ‘Edit’.
- Change the rule’s action and click ‘Save’.
- Select the rule that you wish to delete and then, click ‘Delete’.
Check forwarding settings:
If you have set up email forwarding, which is about to expire or you don’t remember if you did it, then you can check the same by following these steps:
- Click ‘Settings’ and then, ‘View all Outlook Settings’.
- Click ‘Mail’ in the left pane.
- Now, in the right pane, choose ‘Forwarding’.
- Select ‘Stop Forwarding’ followed by clicking ‘Save’.
If you are using Outlook classic, then here is how you can check email forwarding:
- Click ‘Settings’ and then, ‘Options’.
- From the left pane, select ‘Forwarding’.
- Then, look for ‘Stop Forwarding’ option, and once found, select it and click ‘Save’.
This is how you can fix Outlook cannot receive email issue. If you are still not able to receive emails in your Outlook email, then consult experts.