Are you not able to access Outlook due to error 0x80040115? If yes, then how do you plan on fixing it? If you don’t have a plan, then there is nothing to worry about, as you can easily get rid of this error by following the steps provided in the post.
What is Outlook Error 0x80040115?
Error 0x80040115 is a very common issue that Outlook users experience while sending or receiving emails through Outlook. When users try to send an email, the process stops in between and an error message is displayed along with a message, i.e., “Microsoft Exchange Server reported an error (0x80040115): The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be connected to complete this action”
Many Outlook users are facing this problem. When users encounter this error, then they are unable to send or receive emails in Outlook. Prior to solving this error, it is important for users to find out the reasons behind the issue. One of the most common reasons for the origination of the issue is failed protocol POP3 and SMTP. When there is a syncing issue between MS Outlook and Exchange server, abrupt shutdown of Outlook, invalid username and/or password or corrupt PST file, then the error arises.
Users who are using Outlook Express are the ones facing it more often. The error occurs when wrong login details are entered or when the PST file becomes oversized.
Common causes for Outlook Error 0x80040115
When the PST file becomes corrupt, then it leads to Outlook Error 0x80040115, so you need to identify the reasons why the PST file becomes corrupt along with finding ways to avoid such circumstances in the future. For that, you need to go through the below-mentioned steps.
- Oversized PST File.
- Problems caused due to viruses or other malicious infections.
- Problems related to an internet connection
- Problem-related to the email server
- Outlook didn’t install properly on Windows 7
- Different types of internal system conflicts
What are the symptoms of Outlook error 0x80040115?
Here are the symptoms that confirm the presence of Outlook error 0x80040115:
- Outlook hangs of froze quite often.
- Sluggish performance of the system.
- Outlook error 0x80040115 popping up on the screen.
Methods to solve Outlook error 0x80040115:
- Launch ‘Control Panel’ and go to ‘Mail’.
- Then, click on ‘Show Profiles’.
- After that, select your profile followed by clicking ‘Properties’.
- Then, click on ‘Email Accounts’.
- Now, you need to select ‘MS Exchange Server Account’ followed by clicking on ‘Change’.
- Click ‘More Settings’ in the dialog box that features your username and mailbox server.
- In the MS Exchange dialog box, click on the ‘security’ tab.
- Click the box corresponding to ‘Encrypt data between MS Exchange and Outlook’. Once done, click ‘OK’.
- Turn on your system and login as admin.
- Go to ‘Start’ followed by ‘All’.
- Go to ‘Programs’, then ‘Accessories’ and after that, ‘System Tools’ and finally, ‘System Restore’.
- A new window will open where you need to select ‘Restore my computer to an earlier time’ option. Once selected, click ‘Next’.
- A list will pop up on the screen from which, you need to select the most recent system restore point. Once that is done, click ‘Next’.
- Again, click ‘Next’ to complete the restoration process and then, restart the computer.
- You need to download (ScanPST.exe) inbox repair utility.
- Install the software and click ‘Scan’.
- Click on the ‘Fix Errors’ button upon the completion of the scan.
- Then, restart your PC.
The Outlook error can be fixed with the help of inbox repair utility. However, it has several limitations as well, which led to a fail solution of PST errors.
If you aren’t able to resolve Outlook error 0x80040115 following the aforementioned methods, then there is a good chance that your Outlook PST files have gone corrupt. If that is the case, then you will have to get in touch with the Outlook support facility to get the best solution for the issue.